Monday, April 25, 2011

Introduction

Well ... (looks around), this is a blog, huh?

It's nice. I think I'll like it.

Never done this before, but I've been mulling it around for quite some time.

So, here I am.

As I mentioned in the About Me section, I've struggled with food and eating for most of my life, either avoiding food altogether or eating way too much. I've tried and succeeded on many diets, though I really don't want this to be a diet blog, per se. I know how to lose weight, having done it many times. I know how to eat right. What I want to explore is, why don't I do it then? What is this pull that food has over me and so many thousands of people?

"Normal eaters" just don't get it. These are the people for whom food is a non-issue. They don't scour the cupboards when life gets stressful. They don't nosh in front of the fridge when they feel sad. They leave food behind on their plates! I know! It's mind-boggling.

What do they have that I don't?

Some will say willpower. Some will say self-control. Some mean people will say a life.

I don't know what it is. Yet.

But what I do know is that I can attain it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri!

    I'm so glad you stumbled upon my site -- it does seem we're at similar places regarding our relationships with food and I can't tell you how comforting that is for me! The fact that we've both written (just about) the same thing so close in time has me more and more convinced that great minds really do think alike! ;)

    So much of what you say echoes how I feel, truly, and that gives me more motivation to go forth in the "right direction" -- just as soon as I can figure out exactly which direction that may be...

    Best of luck to you and I hope you don't mind if I "follow" you because it's always nice to know you're not "wandering" entirely alone. :)

    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alana,

    No, I don't mind if you follow me, in fact I welcome it! I look forward to following your blog as well. Your brutal honesty is so refreshing, particularly given that this issue is so often secret. Look forward to embarking on this journey with you ...

    ReplyDelete