Thursday, September 1, 2011

Progress

Well, since last Thursday was my Spice Girl-inspired start date for Operation: Size 16, I thought I'd weigh myself this morning.

It showed a two-pound GAIN.

But, I wasn't too bummed, because as I said last week, the scale was acting goofy, and I'm not sure if my starting weight was even correct. So, whatever.

The good news is that I lost inches! 1-1/2 on my bust, 1 on  my waist, 2 on my hips. Woo-hoo! I forgot to measure my thigh and upper arm, and I'm too comfy now to get back up and do it. I was pleased with that progress.

Didn't work out today ... my daughter and I got home from the salon where she got an adorable back-to-school haircut, and my son was in the basement watching SpongeBob. I sat for a minute to watch with him, then my daughter came down and asked if I was going to watch TV for a little bit. I told her that I was actually thinking of getting my walking shoes on and walking on the treadmill while they were down there. She said, "No, please just sit!" and laid across me so I couldn't get up! So, I didn't get up. Not that I couldn't lift a 64-pound girl off of my lap. I just felt they wanted a little bit of ME time, where I'm just with them and not focused on a zillion other things. So, three of us sat through half an hour of hilariously stupid SpongeBob. It was actually pretty nice.

I like the way I feel these days. Even though I know in reality I'm still soft and jiggly, I feel stronger when I'm working out. I hold myself differently, walk a little straighter. You know how it goes.

Oh, that reminds me ... My son was watching me work out to one of my step aerobic tapes and he said, "Mom, if you keep doing that, you'll look like that blonde girl." He was referring to the tall, thin, blonde woman leading the workout. I asked, "Would that be good or bad?" and he shrugged and said, "It depends on if you want to be skinny."

The meaninful thing for me in that response is that he left that evaluation up to me. To him, it didn't matter.

Anyway ... I'm feeling pretty good right now. Seeing the change in the tape measure was surprising and encouraging. It can only get better if I just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment